ICG Yantrik- Eligibility, Age Limit & Selection Procedure
Indian Coast Guard (ICG) conducts exam for Yantrik twice a year. It is important for the Indian Coast Guard aspirants to know all the details related to it. In this blog, they will get to know learn about. ICG Yantrik- Eligibility, Age Limit & Selection Procedure.
ICG Yantrik Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have passed Matriculation or equivalent Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Electronics and Telecommunication (Radio/ Power) Engineering by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) with 60% aggregate.
- (5% relaxation in the above minimum cut off will be given to SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of national level who have secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports event in Open National Championship/Interstate National Championship service. shall also apply to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel while residing in the
ICG Yantrik Age Limit
- Minimum 18 years and maximum 22 years. There is age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
- 5 years for SC/ST
- 3 years for OBC category
- No Age Relaxation For EWS candidates
- Indian Coast Guard Recruitment Mechanical Selection Process
ICG Yantrik Selection Procedure
The selection of the candidate will be done in the following stages :-
Shortlisting of Applications
- Short-listing criteria for applications will be based on higher percentage of marks in Diploma. Due weightage will be given to SC and ST candidates during short listing. If more number of applications are received then the qualifying cut off percentage may be increased.
- E-Admit Card will be sent to the eligible short listed candidates. In which the recruitment is indicated for the date, time and venue for the written test which is scheduled.
The written test will be objective type. The question paper will have questions from their respective branch (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication) and will also include some questions from General Knowledge, Reasoning, Aptitude and English.
Physical Fitness Test & Preliminary Medical Examination.
Those who qualify the written test will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Preliminary Medical Examination. The testing process will take 2-3 days. PFT will be as follows:-
(i) 1.6 km run in 7 minutes
(ii) 20 squat ups
(iii) 10 push ups.
The merit list of the candidates will be declared after the completion of the examination of the candidates. You will be able to see the result by visiting the official result site http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The candidates who will be successful in the examination will be sent to the next process of recruitment.
JOIN TRISHUL DEFENCE ACADEMY TODAY FOR DEFENCE EXAMS
Do you wish to join the Indian Armed Forces ? To serve the nation, the sky is the limit for you and what better option is there than to embark a career journey in Defence.
Trishul Defence Academy, the best defence coaching institution in India will help you make your dreams come true. Enroll yourself today to prepare for Air Force Entrance Exams 2021- AFCAT, INET, Indian Coast Guard, NAVY AA/SSR, NAVY MR, AIR FORCE X AND Y GROUP, NDA, CDS.
Our dedicated and experienced faculty will provide the determined candidates with full overhaul training ranging from online classes, personality development sessions, crash course, physical training, mock tests, and much more.
Call and connect with us to book a seat for yourself for the upcoming batch of 2021-22. Special discount offer on booking at the earliest. For any query/inquiry you can connect us via the following ways: –
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/trishuldefence.academy/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/trishuldefenceacademy
Twitter – https://twitter.com/trishuldefence